Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter


Happy Easter, a day late. :)
We had just a lovely day yesterday. The weather couldn't of been more glorious and we couldn't of appreciated it more. Our weather has been so up & down, we never know if spring weather is here to stay.  We started our day with the egg hunt from the Easter bunny at our house and then I got to baking biscuits and dipping donuts in melted chocolate {and then Reed sprinkled them because in his book, donuts should always have sprinkles} to bring to brunch at our friends' home in our neighborhood. How fortunate we are that Reed met two wonderful friends in preschool last year and our families have all become dear friends. And this particular one is even in our neighborhood!
After brunch, the group headed over to the club for a petting zoo and Easter egg hunt, or race rather... I was just so thrilled we were able to be outside to soak up every bit of that sunshine. Not a cloud in the sky.
Later in the day, the boys took a nap and I ended up taking a bit of a impromptu nap on the sofa before I put together a simple Easter dinner I prepped the day before. Ham, scalloped potatoes, roasted carrots chocolate bunny lollipops {for Reed} and a coconut cream pie I picked up.
Regrettably, we have no pictures from Easter.
Last week I did make some homemade bunny peeps for Reed to share with his friends at school. We really don't eat anything with chemicals by choice so I love recreating a homemade version of a typical store bought version. And really, homemade always taste sooooo much better.
I followed this recipe from Martha, but chose to cover the oiled dish with the sanding sugar, poured the marshmallow mixture, and then immediately sprinkled the sanding sugar on the wet marshmallows so I only had to dip the cut sides into sanding sugar. They were crunchy on the outside and gooey on the inside. Just perfect!
I am just loving these fabric tags. I found these at Michaels and just outlined a bunny image from the web and glued on a pom pom.
Well, off to the park with the boys. We have another beautiful day so I can't stand not being out in the sunshine while we have it. I hope to have our seedlings transplanted this week to share with you. They are soooo ready to be planted in the garden but our weather has been too iffy. I have become quite protective of these seedlings I grew... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment