Friday, January 18, 2013

eat your veggies

Eat Your Veggies Collage
So, after yesterday’s post of decadent brownies…I thought I should give you some really healthy food ideas. LOL!

In an effort to eat healthier, we try to eat alot of vegetables. I try to get in 3-4 servings a day and want to challenge myself with getting more. I try to focus on eating seasonally. In summer, we eat fresh, raw vegetables & salads, but come winter, I find it more of a challenge to think of new ways to prepare them. You can only steam, saute and roast veggies so much and it gets a little boring! I started a new board on pinterest that is for vegetable-focused dishes only. So, when I am meal planning and find what entree to make, but don’t know what to put with it or want to make an entree that is vegetarian focused,  I can go to my {eat your veggies} board and get some inspiration.

Above are just a sampling of what  I have pinned so far. There are quite a bit more for you to go check out {here} and I will continually be adding to it as I come across great ideas.

Hope these give you some fresh new ideas on how to make getting more vegetables into your daily diet. Here's to a healthier 2013!

Have you found creative ways to add veggies to your meals? What recipes do you make?

Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment