Monday, January 7, 2013

a cookie for breakfast on the 1st day of preschool

So my sweet Reed had his 1st day of preschool today, sniff, sniff. Reed {and mom} both did well. :) I know he will enjoy it, but it’s definitely going to be an adjustment for both of us. I love having him at home. How do they grow up so fast?

Reed first day of preschool collage

I wanted to make it a Very special day for him. It was kinda a crazy morning…I hate crazy. I even got up at 6:30 {and boy did that really hurt this morning} so I could get ready before either of the boys woke up. I don’t know why…but even despite me getting a head start, 2 hours still seemed rushed. I asked a sweet friend/ neighbor to come sit with Luc while I brought Reed to preschool. I didn’t want there to be any other distraction with bringing him into school for the first day or for him to feel like I was leaving him to go be with Luc, now.  It was good.  :)
We started off with a healthy breakfast, of course. Ha Ha, you were probably scolding me thinking I gave him a cookie for breakfast…This “cookie” couldn’t be any healthier without flour or sugar and a bunch of ‘good for you’ ingredients!

Banana Breakfast Bar/Cookie
3 mashed ripe bananas
1/3 cup applesauce {we use unsweetened}
2 cups oats
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup of raisins {optional}
1 tsp. vanilla
2-3 tsp. cinnamon
pinch of salt
mix ingredients together and scoop on baking sheet
***I flattened mine before baking since they don’t spread much***
bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 min until they start to get golden brown

After we took some pictures and I dropped him off at school, I raced home to chat with my friend that watched Luc, fed him, put him down for a nap, and then printed out a clipart sign and made the “buttercream”  frosting {we use non-dairy margarine} and iced several cupcakes {I made Sunday night} to have waiting when we walked in the door. It was noon before I knew it and it was time to pick him up. Whew!

I treated him to Chick-fil-A. Have you heard of it? We had never been to one until we moved here. For fast food, it’s pretty good. Reed is able to get the grilled chicken nuggets {since he can’t do the breaded because of food allergies} and they give nice books in the kid’s meal instead of some stupid toy! Down here it’s everywhere since Atlanta is it’s headquarters. They have a great outside playground, too!

When we got home, Reed of course was excited about his cupcakes and I let him indulge in two of them since they are the mini’s…then the three of us {Reed, Luc and I} cuddled under a cozy blanket on the couch and watched a show. Sitting there, I was overtaken by how blessed I am to have two wonderful, sweet, healthy boys and I just can’t get enough of them. :) But boy was I exhausted from the day, already. :) The days he has school are going to be busy ones! So much for my leisurely lifestyle, ha ha



No comments:

Post a Comment