Friday, December 28, 2012

Cinnamon Sugar Donuts

Donuts

they are delicious, especially warm out of the oven and they happen to be vegan and gluten-free which is good for everyone whether you have diet restrictions or not.

I am all about starting traditions with these boys! And I wanted to have something that I made from year to year on Christmas morning that they would look forward to. Baking with food allergies to wheat, egg & dairy is tough! So, when I saw this recipe that I could make donuts for Reed despite his food allergies, I loved the idea that every Christmas morning, I would make homemade donuts. {Jeff had a similar tradition with his Grandma’s cinnamon rolls}. Gluten-Free baking is tricky…so I haven’t attempted to convert his Grandma’s recipe to GF yet…

I have been seeing baked donut recipes everywhere these days. You can get a donut mold pan at your local kitchenware store.

Here is the recipe from my ‘babycakes Covers the Classics’ cookbook:

Donut recipe Cinnamon Sugar
***I found the cinnamon sugar doesn’t adhere as much to the side that is facing up in the baking pan, so after they have baked, brush a little leftover coconut oil on it when they are warm and then the sugar mixture will adhere better and then you will have it completely coated. :)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment