Friday, June 1, 2012

Some new things

Happy Friday! Wow, this week sure went fast. I am ready for the weekend, though!
I am just sitting down for the first time today…I have been cleaning like a mad woman all day. I am wiped out!
I wanted to share with you a few fun little home accents I have picked up in the last few weeks. I really have been trying to reuse and edit what I already have. But with a new home, there always seems to be a few little things needed and then in the process you find just some fun little things! :)


Fabric Basket

I just tossed some magazines in it for now, but what I loved about it is the many different uses…TP, toys, books, etc. I can't quite decide just how I want to use it. 
New Finds 002


Powder Room

I just loved these towels & rug, they remind me of something from Anthropologie.

New Finds 005

  New Finds 019


Reed’s room

The rocker/glider & ottoman is slated for the nursery, so we planned on getting Reed another chair for us to snuggle and read books in.  I left the ottoman in the soon-to-be nursery so I could get used to not having an ottoman. I hated not having one! I even used his big orange ball once at naptime to rest my feet on and then the idea popped into my head to get him a pouf. I thought this was perfect for his room since it is smaller in scale.
New Finds 023

This older home doesn’t have any ceiling fans, so we definitely needed some fans in the bedrooms for summer. I like to crank up the fans before I turn the air up.
I got this oil-rubbed bronze one for Reed’s room.
New Finds 027


Master Bath

We are back to one double vanity to share (I know...so roughing it) so storage & countertop space is limited. I think you can never have too many drawers. I am going to use one for makeup and one for jewelry, I think. I am itching to go to Container Store to see what fun organizing things I can get for this.
New Finds 029

The rugs we had in the IL home were too big for the area in front of this vanity. I really wanted a one cozy long rug, but this vanity space was only 63” long so all the rugs I found were either considerably shorter or too long. Drats. Oh well, I found these for a steal at Home Goods.
New Finds 033

I must admit, it sure is fun to have an excuse to get new stuff…LOL!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment