Friday, January 27, 2012

Homemade soft pretzels

pantry and soft pretzels 030

I came across the recipe at Memories on Clover Lane blog months ago. I was re-inspired to make these last week when I came across soft pretzels with jalapeno dip on Pinterest. I decided to try the Clover Lane recipe based on the low bread flour content. It makes them less “chewy”. They were super easy, you get on a roll (no pun intended) while you are rolling the dough out…
Oh yeah and…these are delicious. They have a little chew but not rubbery like a ballpark pretzel. More like an “Auntie Anne’s” pretzel, which I have always been a fan of! (If you like your pretzels with more “chew” I would use a recipe that calls for mostly bread flour.)


I did 3 different flavors:

Wildtree Scampi Blend (a garlic,white wine blend)
I just recently got some more, can you tell I love this stuff?
herbs 002
pantry and soft pretzels 036 
Rosemary & Fleur de Sel (french sea salt)
I used the freshly dried rosemary that I just jarred up the other day-very tasty!
pantry and soft pretzels 037

Bite (well, maybe 2 bites) size with just Fleur de Sel (these will be good for dipping)
pantry and soft pretzels 031

I hope these pictures entice you to give these a try!

Your family will gobble them up!!! How about making them for a fun after school snack or Superbowl party???

Have a great weekend!



Healthy Nutrition

No comments:

Post a Comment