Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Our Family Tree

Here is our tree this year.
It's a faux tree. I LOVE real trees but I haven't come across a real, pre-lit tree yet...LOL! I just have NO patience for stringing all the lights I want to have, like at least 1000 for a 7/8 ft tree. Every year when I am doing a little fluffing of the branches I always ask myself if doing that or stringing the lights is worse... :)
I love the smell of real trees, though. And the idea of going to a tree farm and cutting one down sounds like a great tradition to start when Reed is a little older...so I may have to like stringing lights.
We put it up last weekend as a family and keep it up until after the first of the year. I love to have it on whenever we are home, it just makes the home feel so festive! 

In our family  room we do a mish mash of all types of ornaments that we have collected over time or have received as gifts.
No presents wrapped yet…it looks so bare :(
Tree pictures 014
I made the tree topper after trying zillions of ones from the store-they were all too heavy
Tree pictures 027
I still love these candle lights I got at Restoration Hardware about 8 years ago.
Tree pictures 023
I love how the cranberry bead garland adds the festive red 
Tree pictures 033


So, have you put your tree up yet? When do you do it? Do you do a "themed" tree or a collection of all your ornaments?


Last night I finally took the time and got out my camera manual to figure out how to take better pictures of Christmas tree lights. I took so many other pictures of other things to play with the settings to see what effects I could get!


Here is a little bit of bokeh:






I will be linking up to:
holiday200x200






Home should be the safest place on earth…
Get-Clean-Starter_thumb18
Are you wanting to make your home the safe and non-toxic? I would love to help.
Email me : greenwaylifeandhome@ gmail.com

1 comment: