Friday, November 25, 2011

Our Thanksgiving

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones! We sure did. We truly are so grateful for all we have been blessed with. We shared it with my mom, good friends and their kids. I was much more prepared than at Reed's birthday party so I was able to actually able to enjoy our guests instead of being tied to the kitchen cooking. It was so much more enjoyable. It only has taken me 37 years to figure it out how to plan better....
Thanks to Pinterest, I was able to get my ideas in one place and plan out how I was going to decorate the table and what I was making all in one spot about a week ahead of time I made a game plan. While I was digging for what napkins I was going to use on Thanksgiving, I ended up organizing my china cabinet and was inspired by all the slightly tarnished silver pieces I had and the warm wood of the bread board to create this year's tablescape. I just loved the juxtaposition of the combination to create a warm and welcoming feel. Isn't that what we all want to create in our home, especially this time of year?
When the guests arrived, we had crackers, cheese, meats, nuts and dried fruit displayed on my new bread board while we dinner was finishing up.  I had it on the center of the kitchen table, but it was making us too nervous with Reed's dairy allergies so we had to put it up on the breakfast bar so he couldn't get into anything. Jeff moved it before I realized I still needed a picture. Not ideal to have it hanging off the counter, but have to be safe, right?


I created the tablescape with items I already had and just added burlap I bought to make into a runner...I was going to make this one, HERE for Thanksgiving, but realized that since we were using both leaves in the table for the holiday-it would be too long for an everyday runner which I wanted it to be so I will sew it to the right length after the holidays. I think it will give a nice clean freshness come January when I crave things simple, simple, simple.

I made the napkin holder & placecard all in one using Faux Bois Paper to contrast with the more elegant china and then used these oil rubbed bronze metal chargers I found at Target 5 years ago to ground each placesetting. I still love them!

For the kids, I wanted to give them something to get a little excited about as we were all getting our food together and to occupy them at a lengthy meal. I saw this template in Martha Stewart's Living November issue to print out online and printed it on  rustic paper and tied up a few crayons with raffia. It was a HIT! 

I made a menu and sentiment sign for the food buffet.

I had hoped to get a picture of all the food displayed, but it all happened so quickly and everyone just started digging in. It was all yummy. I love when it's a group effort.

Here's a family picture we were able to capture...turns out 2 year olds don't like to sit still too long...he he

I linked up to:



All of us are trying to make positive changes in our lives, whether it is creating a cleaner, safer home for our families, getting healthier, losing weight, and/or staying as youthful and vibrant as we can!  I can help you with any of that. Shaklee provides a HEALTHIER LIFE for everyone and a BETTER LIFE for anyone!


I would love to speak with you on how Shaklee's products can make a difference in your life!
Email Me: greenwaylifeandhome@gmail.com










No comments:

Post a Comment