Wednesday, October 26, 2011

31 Days to Green Living day 25: green yarn


Sorry I am a day behind...something came up that I was unable to post yesterday, but I will give you all 31 days. :)

Knitting and yarn projects are soooo popular these days. One of these days I hope to actually take a knitting class. There is a store near me that has such scrumptious yarns that they make me want to learn to knit...I am imagining knitted scarves as Christmas presents. Hmmm, maybe next year.

How can you be sure you are purchasing "kinder knits"?

A certified humane or USDA organic raw wool label means the sheep were raised sustainably and humanely, but it doesn't cover the processing of the wool. If the yarn itself is labeled GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard), then it was processed with low-impact chemicals. Look for one of three types of dyes: Oeko-Tex certified are free of lead; fiber- reactive won't run off in wastewater; and cold patch dyes use less energy, water, and chemicals. Purchase organic yarns from O-wool or the Green Mountain Spinnery, or find local shops through knitmap.com.



Do you want…
Healthy Home?
Healthy Nutrition?
Healthy Weight?
Healthy Beauty?
If so, I’d love to speak with you and share with you how Shaklee can make a difference in your life!




No comments:

Post a Comment