Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall Mantel 2011

Have you started decorating for fall? I just started last week and wanted to begin the tour with our fall mantel. I have a few other fall decorating touches I will share with you in another post.
I am loving the contrast of the rich fall colors with the sparkle of the mercury glass vases candlesticks(whew, I clearly was tired). I usually have a wreath hanging over my mirror, but somehow-it seemed too much with the garland this year. It took me a few days to adjust to the “sparseness”, but I think I am kinda liking that…for now.
blog pics 073
blog pics 083
and what I love the most about my fall mantel is in the evening…the warmth of the glow the little faceted lights give off
Blog pics 018
Blog pics 004
What do you think?  Do you change it up from year to year?



Fall_Link_Party_Layla

Also linked up to:



2 comments:

  1. Heather it is gorgeous and I like a cleaner look, the wreath would have taken away from the rest of your beautiful decor.

    I have hooked up with Julia's Party as well!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karena! I am finding I am enjoying the cleaner look more and more. Thanks for following.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete