Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cleaning window screens on a beautiful day!

We have had some beautiful days so far this summer-sun shining, not too hot, a light breeze…and the lilacs in full bloom with their heavenly scent wafting through the air. It inspired me to do chores outside, even if it was cleaning window screens.
Blog Pics 011
I started tackling this job about an hour before lunch-Reed is really great at entertaining himself so I thought I could get at least some of them done before his nap while he played next to me. I got out chalk and his little giraffe bike to “occupy” him while I scrubbed.
Blog Pics 020
I got together all the screens, dish soap, bucket, scrubber and hose and began scrubbing, rinsing and laying them out in the sun to dry.
Blog Pics 059
Blog Pics 061
Blog Pics 031
Blog Pics 036
Blog Pics 029
Reed found something much more exciting to do…silly me…I should of known that playing in the bubbles would be way more fun!
Blog Pics 039Blog Pics 040
Reed was having so much fun that I was able to get almost all the screens finished and could move on to other chores on my to-do list while he took a 4 HOUR nap, I might add. I may have him do this more often! I love this kind of  get back to basics, “old fashioned” fun. Kids usually will pick the most basic of fun instead of the actual toys. It’s like when they have more fun with the box a toy came in than the toy itself.
It was nice not to have any worries about him playing in the sudsy water since we use Shaklee’s Get Clean Dish Wash soap. It’s non-toxic and completely safe for us and the environment, not to mention it cleaned fabulously with just a couple drops in the bucket of water. It’s so concentrated, you don’t need much. I love that I don't have to sacrifice a good clean just to be stingy;  with this dish soap, I get the results I am looking for.
What chores are a little more enjoyable for you when you get to do them on a beautiful day?

No comments:

Post a Comment